Nello's concept of great cuisine is simple too. Use only the best, most fresh ingredients, think outside the usual box, and create memorable meals that satisfy all the senses. Chef Nello also subscribes to the mission and theory of Slow Food USA, high quality and taste, environmental sustainability, honor of regional food traditions, the pleasures of the table, and a slower and more harmonious rhythm of life. These elements are evident in every dish Nello prepares, allowing his personal food heritage to take center stage nightly.
A few of Nello's favorite ingredients:
- Organic Herbs- Grown locally and in Nello's own garden and greenhouse.
- Tuscan Olive Oil- The warm Tuscan sun gives this olive oil a taste unrivaled anywhere on earth. No expense is spared in Nello's choice of this first cold pressed fundamental for his creations.
- Mediterranean and Kosher Salt- Pure and rich from the sea or the earth.
- Heirloom Vegetables- Delectable in taste and flavor, picked in season.
- Carnaroli Rice- The basis for Nello's signature risotto dishes.
- Polenta- The signature yellow corn meal staple of the Bergamasca culture.